A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Abia State, Hon Okey Ezeala has lambasted the former National Vice Chairman of the Nigeria Bar Association, NBA, Barr Monday Onyekachi Ubani over his statement on the APC ward and LGA Congress in Abia.
He said that contrary to the claim by Barr Monday Ubani concerning the leadership of the party in the state, that at no time was Chief Donatus Nwankpa elected state chairman of the party, adding that there is no room for workers of iniquity in APC come 2023.
Hon Okey Ezeala described Chief Ikechi Emenike as the beacon of hope for a greater Abia State, while maintaining that there was no time the APC leader was suspended from the party in his ward. He challenged those peddling this allegation to come out with any written document to back up their claim if they are serious.
In a statement he issued in Umuahia weekend, Hon Okey Ezeala pointed out that “it is an open secret that same dramatis personae within the ranks of All Progressives Congress (APC), who have done everything to demarket the goodwill of the Party and President Muhammad Buhari’s administration since 2015, are finally at political crossroad with the vast majority of party stakeholders in Abia State; who have utterly rejected them and their notorious proxies in the last Ward and Local government Congresses conducted by the National Leadership of APC”.
The statement read thus:
For avoidance of doubts, the Constitution of APC expressly provides for the operational procedure of all Party organs and structures nationwide, and whoever that negates that authority is at best an EMEMY OF THE PARTY.
The Party would ordinarily resist the distraction of replying a certain mischievous article by one Monday O. Ubani alleging among other public lies that Donatus Nwankpa was ever elected State Chairman of APC; but for the records and interest of the party’s integrity, let me state it categorically and clarify the following verifiable fact:
- There was never any congress result declaring Donatus Nwankpa Chairman of Abia APC at anytime in his unfortunate life.
- That the 2014 Congress of APC was conducted by the Chief John Odigie Oyegun led NWC which certified the emergence of Barr. Fabian Okonkwo as Abia State APC Chairman alongside other members of his Executives.
- That Barr. Fabian Okonkwo later contested and won South East Zonal office of APC, thereby creating a vacancy in State APC Chairmanship.
- That a meeting of Abia APC State working committee produced Dr. Emmanuel Ndukwe as the next Chairman of Abia APC – a position that was supported and ratified by the judgment of Abia State High Court and was never set aside till today.
- That Dr. Emmanuel Ndukwe pursuant to the party Constitution and Court order administered the party against all odds and political tribulations of new entrants into Abia APC on hijack mission.
- That the State Working Committee again met and elected Hon Enyinnaya Harbor to fill the vacuum created by the rewarding appointment of Dr. Emmanuel Ndukwe as the Chairman of the board of JAMB, in appreciation of the Party tenacity to the fundamental values of APC – where others compromised.
- That Hon. Enyinnaya Harbor remains the acting Chairman of Abia APC in line with NWC/NEC directive till the State Congress of APC scheduled to hold nationwide on 2nd October 2021.
The Party is not perturbed by the unfounded rumor of suspension trailing one of the founding fathers of APC, in the person of High Chief Ikechi Emenike; who is the beacon of hope for a greater Abia, and urge all Abians to disregard political merchants and their delusion which is the figment of their imaginations.
Finally, the Party therefore wishes to clarify that NOBODY HAS BEEN SUSPENDED from any ward in Umuahia North and until a written notice indicates otherwise from the wards, THE PARTY IS MOVING FORWARD with more impetus for victory than ever before. One can clearly discern the fears of the guilt whenever a Man of integrity is in charge of the party structure.
It is therefore ridiculous for losers of the ward and local government Congresses to believe there would be room for their works of iniquity come 2023 – NEVER!
Hon. Okey Ezeala
State Publicity Secretary.