Members of Abia State Executive Council led by Governor Okezie Ikpeazu, met on Monday, 18th November, 2019, at the Exco Chambers of Government House, Umuahia and resolved as follows.
1. Exco welcomed new members who were recently inaugurated as honorable commissioners as well as the Chief of Staff to the Governor.
2. Exco reconstituted the Finance and General Purpose Committee (F&GPC) with the following members: Commissioner for Finance, Secretary to State Government, Attorney General & Commissioner for Justice, Commissioner for Works and Commissioner for Budget and Planning.
3. Exco directed the Commissioner for Works to immediately review the state of old Aba to Umuahia (Ururuka Road) and Umuahia to Ohafia federal road with a view to ensuring that the roads are fixed and motorable during the coming Yuletide period.
In addition, Exco directed that palliative works be executed at the Uratta axis of the Enugu-PH federal highway immediately to ease the discomfort of road users pending reconstruction of the road by the federal government.
4. Exco directed commissioners to ensure full compliance with new Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) regulations and direct all enquiries to the internally generated revenue council for clarification.
5. Exco directed the Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Development to ensure early completion of the destitute home project.
6. Exco directed Commissioner for Sports to relaunch school sports competition including inter-school football competition known as Governor’s Cup.
7. Exco directed the Commissioner for Sports to present a plan for the procurement and distribution of 600 table tennis boards for schools in the state.
8. Exco directed that from 2020, all proposals for implementation must have budgetary backing and encouraged ministries to collaborate in delivering greater service to the people of the state.
9. Exco directed the Commissioner for Finance to maintain the current practice of paying workers before the 28th of every month.
10. Exco directed that all ministries must route agreements through the Ministry of Justice for vetting and approval before execution.
Chief John Okiyi Kalu
Honorable Commissioner for Information.